Fact and Fiction

Thoughts about a funny old world, and what is real, and what is not. Comments are welcome, but please keep them on topic.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Trick or treat - no thanks

When I was a child "trick or treat" was an American tradition. Now I am an adult it has migrated to the UK as well. The problem is that the kids expect a treat (i.e. cash) in return for doing nothing whatsoever, not even fancy make-up and an imaginative costume.

Last year my local newspaper published a picture that you could post in your window to say "no thanks" to trick-or-treaters. I decided that with a few modifications the picture would not only say "no thanks", but that it would also enter more positively into the spirit of Halloween.

Here it is (and it works as well!):

2 Comments:

At 2 November 2005 at 16:28, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had come looking for a treat. Your cry of "humbug" therefore forces me to submit you to a trick:
Boo! Hiss! Baah!

 
At 2 November 2005 at 17:37, Blogger Stephen Luttrell said...

Chomp, chomp, chomp ... glug ... burp!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home