Fact and Fiction

Thoughts about a funny old world, and what is real, and what is not. Comments are welcome, but please keep them on topic.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Wi-fi network

I have finally bought a wireless router for home use, plus a wireless network card for my rather old laptop PC (a Pentium 3 - remember those?). This wi-fi network has transformed the way that I use my laptop PC (I used to use a rickety and unreliable Bluetooth link). Yes, I know that this upgrade is rather belated, but I have a policy of following the "trailing edge" of technology, because it saves me from wasting a lot of money on the hectic race to always have the latest and the best kit.

What I really want to do is to banish the large computer-related boxes with their whirring fans away from the living area of my house, and to use a wi-fi network to link them to my laptop PC. I can't do that yet, at least not as a cheap upgrade from where I am at the moment, but technology does seem to be moving in the right direction.

Now all I need to do is to wait for that brief moment known as British Summertime, so I can use my new wi-fi network to work outside in my garden.

1 Comments:

At 21 January 2006 at 00:18, Blogger Dennis Dale said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home